The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bad shave

wayne1963

Jr. Shave Member
Had the first crummy shave in a very long time. I used my Mergress razor, that has been in semi retirement for a spell. I used very aggressive techniques that I'd become accustomed to while shaving with the Vector. Mistake. I reckon there's a reason the Blackland Vector is so awesome.

Bummer! Good thing there’ll be more to shave (in a more pleasurable manner) tomorrow! 😂

I bought the Progress, after years of wanting it. Was not impressed at all.

Wow, sorry to hear that Wayne. I know first-hand how frustrating a horrible shave can be. As Gear basically said, tomorrow you can get your just deserves.

I've not used either, but from everything written about Blackland, I'm shocked. I thought their razors went from 'insanely agressive' to 'you can hurt yourself just looking at it', with no mild anywhere in sight.

Guess the Progress is the natural evolution of the guillotine, then. I'm sticking with my milder razors for sure. Lol.

I have a Progress and Mergress and love them both but I don't own a Vector. I do own a Blackland Dart and THAT will never let you forget a moment of indiscretion. With both of my Merkur adjustables I don't dial them past "2". Sorry to hear about the crummy shave Wayne. Different horses for different courses. Give it all a go again tomorrow...

Too true, my daily shavers all give a great shave and all I don't need to think too much about. It can make it a little dicey going back to a razor that isn't so thougtless.

from everything written about Blackland, I'm shocked. I thought their razors went from 'insanely agressive' to 'you can hurt yourself just looking at it', with no mild anywhere in sight.
The Vector is very mild.

I get the feeling. Everytime I pickup my Maggard MR5 with the V3 head I want to like it, but I only like the handle. I'm not even sure why it's bad, we just don't get along. The real problem is I don't want to admit it, and just move on, so it sits in the rack.

Back