The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ask a referee 2021 version

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Well apparently college football season started today. I've already been sent 5 questions from friends asking about rule enforcements etc.

So here's a thread where I will answer your football questions. I am versed in the football NCAA and NFHS rule books. So post away.

If you have video of the play in question that always helps.

Was doing a Freshman game this morning. And I was the head official. I threw a flag for illegal motion on the RB. Coach came unglued full on acting like an idiot. I asked him what's wrong?

He said, "he's the RB he can go in motion! What the hell are you doing!"

Me, "yes he can go in motion but he can't run towards the line of scrimmage we aren't playing in Canada!"

Didn't hear a peep from him the rest of the game.

Attempted field goal or extra point. Ball hits crossbar, bounces back into the field of play without touching the turf, into the hands of an offensive or defensive player. Is the ball dead or still in play?

Attempted field goal or extra point. Ball hits crossbar, bounces back into the field of play without touching the turf, into the hands of an offensive or defensive player. Is the ball dead or still in play?
What rulebook?

Back