The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Apollo razor

NurseDave

“Stefan’s Glitterbomb King”
Legacy
First Responder
Concierge
Hadn't heard of this...

Gillette 3D Printed Razor Maker Apollo
If you want a shave that’s out of this world, Gillette has created the perfect razor that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the historic space flight and moon landing. After all, Gillette provided Techmatic razors for the flight crew, so what better way to issue a now nearly space-age technique to celebrate Apollo 11. This 3D printed razor handle uses Gillette ProGlide 5 cartridges and shows off a lunar-like surface along with the imprint of an astronaut boot and the NASA logo, as well. As part of their line of limited edition razors, the Razor Maker Apollo isn’t just great in the hand and truly special to behold, it provides serious grip to manage that Movember beard you need to get rid of post-haste.

Oh here, right from Gillette themselves.

On the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, Gillette is proud to introduce the Apollo Collection by Razor Maker. This limited edition collection pays homage to mankind’s first steps on the moon. The razor features an exclusive moonscape handle design adorned with a historically inspired “one small step” boot imprint on the front. The back reveals the iconic and period accurate NASA “meatball” insignia. Available exclusively on Gillette.com

Razor Maker™ is an exciting concept that provides a limited quantity for 3D-printed razor handles. Each Razor Maker™ handle is printed at Gillette’s Boston headquarters using stereolithography (SLA) printing technology from Formlabs, a Boston-area company that designs and manufactures powerful and accessible 3D-printing systems.

I am OFFENDED. Not really. I hate what they put more effort into a cart than the Heritage razor, but whatever. Looks cool, though.

I was expecting to see one of those cool vintage Apollo razors.

This would go great with the Retro 51 Apollo fountain pen.

retro-51-retro-51-limited-edition-tornado-popper-a.jpg

I wouldn't mind having one of these, since I use the occasional cart, but I am not going to pay that price for one.

I haven't the slightest clue. I understand the shaving legs thing because that's right around when I got here, but everything before that is an ancient puzzle.
Readers Digest Version
Basically Chad was traveling and took a cart to use and was spellbound at how good it shaved. VLOG'rs did cart shaves acting like he was on to something and they were sold on carts too.(I did it in my journal as it was before I started VLOGing........................it's been a source of teasing ever since including "someone" sending him a gift of a cart system from some cart company........

Readers Digest Version
Basically Chad was traveling and took a cart to use and was spellbound at how good it shaved. VLOG'rs did cart shaves acting like he was on to something and they were sold on carts too.(I did it in my journal as it was before I started VLOGing........................it's been a source of teasing ever since including "someone" sending him a gift of a cart system from some cart company........
I'm dead 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 💀

Back