The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ancient Wolf Pup

Amazing. I love this kind of story. I grew up spending some weekends in Los Angeles with my grandparents. They lived across the street from the County Museum of Natural History, where my grandfather worked as a security guard. He sometimes took me there on Sundays, when it was closed, and I had the run of the place for hours. I spent most of my time there sketching pictures, some of them of their dioramas of Ice Age animals like this wolf.

57,000 year-old wolf puppy found frozen in Yukon permafrost (nationalgeographic.com)

BOTH cool stories, the one about the frozen wolf pup mummy AND the one about growing up with access to the museum thanks to a security guard Grandpa. I think the coolest things and passions in life are discovered because of the things that happen when family and life intersect. Whether you found passion and interest at the museum (so many possible things to become interested in there), or in his guard job or a co-worker he introduced you to, the authenticity of the exposure was bound to leave an impression. Cool that a story published by national geographic was able to bring back that memory!

BOTH cool stories, the one about the frozen wolf pup mummy AND the one about growing up with access to the museum thanks to a security guard Grandpa. I think the coolest things and passions in life are discovered because of the things that happen when family and life intersect. Whether you found passion and interest at the museum (so many possible things to become interested in there), or in his guard job or a co-worker he introduced you to, the authenticity of the exposure was bound to leave an impression. Cool that a story published by national geographic was able to bring back that memory!
Yes, good memories. My grandfather was one of my favorite people of all time. He retired from being an Iowa corn farmer, and they moved to L.A. to be closer to our family. Even though he had only a couple years of college, he picked up a lot of archeology and paleontology while working at the museum. And he was infinitely patient with me no matter how much of a brat I was.

Back