The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Alternative Case for straight razors.

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Hello I wanted to post something I have been using as an alternative to the regular "coffin" cases for some straights I have... It's a case you would normally put wrenches.or screwdrivers in...IMG_20210121_212210530.jpgIMG_20210121_212217594.jpgIMG_20210121_212224153.jpg
There are still more spaces to put probably another 2-4 Straight Razors in..

Last edited:
iu

This is relevant to my newly acquired interests.

I thought this thread was gonna be about an alternative reason for using a straight razor. Not that i am disappointed by the tool case, just really excited to read about some of the reasons you think straight razors are a positive.

a dorko set of mine came in a chamois/suede roll. I wonder if thats a good or bad way to store them. Thoughts?

This is what I use from hobby lobby
a84bdd19cc69a0ebf292a2470c022dfd.jpg
Hadn't thought of that..good find too... I was at a friends store and he had the empty case I got just lying in a junk bin and he gave it to me to see if it would work for the straights I had with no cases. I mean I had them in the toothbrush tubes previously but thought the wrench case fit better in my travel gear and like that I can carry a weeks worth of straights in it..If I had that many... Oh it also will fit shavettes BTW...

I thought this thread was gonna be about an alternative reason for using a straight razor. Not that i am disappointed by the tool case, just really excited to read about some of the reasons you think straight razors are a positive.

a dorko set of mine came in a chamois/suede roll. I wonder if thats a good or bad way to store them. Thoughts?
Well straights are different than what is normally used now by most so I kind of like learning the lost / old ways... I also like finding them in the wild and bringing them back somewhat to their former glory...

Back