The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Alt Fragrances

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Anybody ever heard of, or bought from, Alt Fragrances? I keep seeing them pop up on my FB feed. Supposed to be good clones of many popular Frags, like Creed and Tom Ford. Just curious.

I'll be trying the Millesime clone when it's back in stock (I have a notification pending). I'll report back after I try it.

Sorry for the delay on responding to this thread. I finally got around to ordering from Alt Frangrance. They now have samples btw. 5ml spray bottles for $9.95. I got three and overall I'm glad I did. I'm no cologne savant, but I do love AS and colognes and have experience with the originals AF is trying to mimic.

The Millesime clone Sovereign is very good and I will be ordering a full bottle of it when this sample runs out. It has an underlying scent on the opening that seems "synthetic", but overall it has that really nice salty melon opening, with super clean dry down that I absolutely love about Millesime. Longevity is good, about on par with the original. 0 being shite and 10 being actual Millesime...this gets a 7.

I also got the Tobacco Vanille clone Nicotianna. The opening of this one is very clove heavy. It also has that "synthetic" something that you find with cheaper frags, and when I first sprayed it I didn't think I was going to like it. Then about 30min in the clove calmed down and the tobacco vanilla sweetness takes over. Overall not bad and if you're a big fan of Tobacco Vanille and would like a good knock off, this would do. If you hate clove, stay away though. The longevity is good. 6

Lasty I got the Aventus clone Executive. This is a strange one. At first, it was very mellow. All I got was a distant smokiness and even further pineapple of Aventus. I sprayed it a second time because I thought I missed my wrists. It gets stronger as it drys down? I've never experienced this with a cologne before but it's true here. Now that's not saying this has legs, because it certainly does not. It is my least favorite out of the bunch, but if they could amp it up a bit it would definitely be worth a full bottle. I would stay away from this one for now. 3

Darn... was really hoping Executive was good. Thanks for the review!

Back