The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

All this talk about straights

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Not that they are anything special, but I picked up a couple of straights. A J.R. Torrey shoulder-less and a Emil Jansen #27. The Jansen needs a little blade work, but in the hands of the right honer...I think should be okay. The Torrey I believe is ready to go, but I will likely have a professional take a look and perform the necessary work if needed.

Anyway...with all the talk of straights around here...I decided to possibly jump into the fire.

Not that they are anything special, but I picked up a couple of straights. A J.R. Torrey shoulder-less and a Emil Jansen #27. The Jansen needs a little blade work, but in the hands of the right honer...I think should be okay. The Torrey I believe is ready to go, but I will likely have a professional take a look and perform the necessary work if needed.

Anyway...with all the talk of straights around here...I decided to possibly jump into the fire.

Very nice Don! Always love the look of the thumb notched blades!

Don’t stop there though...get the Feather AC SS too!

Doesn't look to be any major issues with them Don. They should hone up just fine from what I see in the photos.

You will be ordering a custom before you know it haha!

Doesn't look to be any major issues with them Don. They should hone up just fine from what I see in the photos.

You will be ordering a custom before you know it haha!

Thanks Shawn! I would love to get a custom at some point in time. But I probably need to learn how to shave with one first...
1f61c.png

At the least...I might want some fancy sales!

I think I know a couple guys that do nice scales. I could point you in a good direction.
1f61d.png

Thanks guys! I know they are a little rough, but with some TLC I will be joining the ranks of all you gents that slice and dice on a daily basis!

Back