The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

aftershave balm

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
ive been using seaforth spice for the past few days and after the shave my skin feels somewhat dry and dull. does anyone know of an aftershave balm that would pair well with this particular scent? thanks!

LNHC (Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations) post shave elixir is really nice, I believe she has an unscented version.

CBL’s after shave tonics are pretty good too for the face feel, maybe a bit less moisturizing than the LNHC elixir though.

Sometimes, when the cold or other dryness is really getting to my skin I just use regular unscented lotion with a little water.

The options above are top notch. I have also used Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream. It is basically unscented and I used to use that with all my alcohol aftershaves in the winter.

LNHC (Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations) post shave elixir is really nice, I believe she has an unscented version.

CBL’s after shave tonics are pretty good too for the face feel, maybe a bit less moisturizing than the LNHC elixir though.

Sometimes, when the cold or other dryness is really getting to my skin I just use regular unscented lotion with a little water.
ok, i will look into these. it seems like if i go a few days without using an aftershave balm my face starts feeling really dry and tight, and it looks really dull. i will see what lisa has. i do have cbl's aftershave tonic in the unscented form, but i think i need an actual balm as opposed to that particular skin tonic, not knocking it because it is good, i just feel i need something slighty more. When i use stirlings soaps and use there aftershave balms my skin tends to feel really good and not tight. this goes for other shave balms i have tried. my skin just feels better using an aftershave balm to end my shaves.

When i use stirlings soaps and use there aftershave balms my skin tends to feel really good and not tight.
Stirling should have an unscented balm also if you just prefer to use what you know works. I have not been able to try their balm yet.

Stirling should have an unscented balm also if you just prefer to use what you know works. I have not been able to try their balm yet.
i was thinking about going that route, but i thought if someone might know of a balm with similiar scent notes i would try that first. if not i may try to find an unscented balm to go with.

Back