The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave, and soap from Suavecito

Adamf

Jr. Shave Member
So ordered a soap and aftershave combo from suavecito. They came in the mail today.
The soap is a puck of Sandlewood. I was totally down with that as I’m familiar with the scent.
The aftershave, on the other hand, I was nervous about as I’ve never smelled it before. Didn’t know if I’d like it and it didn’t really sound like it would go with sandlewood but I figured what the hell. It was inexpensive so why not. The aftershave is Ivory bergamot.
It smells good. We’ll see how it does on top of the residual sandalwood plus my body chemistry. Will be using them tomorrow.

I knew they did hair care products, didn’t know they did barbering stuff!

Their packaging is fairly swanky usually. What do the ones you got look like?

I've been largely unimpressed with the Suavecito aftershaves. The ingredients are basic, with just Alcohol, water, fragrance, and menthol; so there's no added ingredients to help out your skin. And I've tried all of the scents and they just aren't as good as you'd think they'd be. Black Amber is the only one that I really enjoy.

Yeah the scent doesn’t stick around long. That said, you get what you pay for. The aftershave was only $5.00 U.S. decent smell. Did have a lot of alcohol.
The soap was pretty good. Nice scent, lathered relatively quickly and was pretty slick. The soap is well worth the $2.00 I paid for it lol.

Back