The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Acquisitions

Quijote

La Mancha's Best Shaver
Legacy
First Responder
I will start this one off. Since some of you don't know the story yet, I will post the whole thing.

When I was younger, my father was in the Masons and the chaplain of his lodge was an elderly gentleman who over the years became like a grandfather to me. He was a great man. We helped take care of him when he needed it, although he did a lot on his own even into his 90s. When he moved up to be with his children in the final years of his life, he gave my dad and me some of his stuff. One of the things he gave us is a Waterville Cutlery pocket knife. He has since passed on, but I still carry that knife to this day to remind myself to be more likehim. When I saw that they also made straight razors, I told myself that if I started shaving with a straight, that one day, I would have a Waterville. Well, yesterday, I won an auction of one and hopefully it is as good as it looks in the pictures.

It should be here Monday.

Awesome story! I can't wait to see the close up pics.

Great story don! That looks like a nice piece of work as well. Add in the nostalgia factor and you've got a winner.

The hinge pin will need to be redone, but I am very happy with it.

Nice! Did you follow your father down the Masonic path? I joined a few years ago. There's a good chance I'll be Master of the Lodge next year. I'm going to have to find me one of those Masonic Straight Razors eventually.

TheVez2 said:
Nice! Did you follow your father down the Masonic path? I joined a few years ago. There's a good chance I'll be Master of the Lodge next year. I'm going to have to find me one of those Masonic Straight Razors eventually.
I did at a couple of different lodges. I am currently inactive. Family stuff is taking up too much time right now. I was also in DeMolay for years when I was growing up.

I tried on both my explorer browser and chrome and cant see it in either place on my office pc. I see it fine on mobile though

It came in early. Here are the pictures that I took. The only real issue is the condition of the wedge and the hinge pin. I haven't tried the HHT on it yet. He claims to have honed it to 16k.

Nice stuff. That looks like a beefy blade, but could just be the pics. Is it 7/8?

Back