The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

a question about summer time and fragrances

novicewetshaver

Sr. Shave Member
i was wondering if anyone else encounters this. over in my area (torrance) in june some years we will have a lot of cloud coverage during the morning hours until 11 or 12 or some days the cloud coverage doesnt break till around 1 or 2ish. sometimes this lasts into july. what fragrances would you guys suggest using for days like these wear its colder in the morning time then heats up in the afternoon? thanks!

Sporty frags (think Dior Homme Sport, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, citruses, light florals, light musks) are generally OK for wear year round. Don’t be afraid to wear more spring/fall type frags too though. Ones that have some woody undertones, heavier citruses, spices, very gentle oud, light leather, etc (think Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Dior Sauvage Parfum, Chanel Blu De Chanel EDP, etc.)

Sporty frags (think Dior Homme Sport, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, citruses, light florals, light musks) are generally OK for wear year round. Don’t be afraid to wear more spring/fall type frags too though. Ones that have some woody undertones, heavier citruses, spices, very gentle oud, light leather, etc (think Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Dior Sauvage Parfum, Chanel Blu De Chanel EDP, etc.)
ill give this a try tomrrow with tabac vanille.

would vanille fatale work or do you think it would be too heavy for later on in the day, on these days where it starts off cooler and warms up. sometimes it only warms up for about four or 5 hours and you can see the clouds/light fog coming in from the sea towards the evening time.

would vanille fatale work or do you think it would be too heavy for later on in the day, on these days where it starts off cooler and warms up. sometimes it only warms up for about four or 5 hours and you can see the clouds/light fog coming in from the sea towards the evening time.
I haven’t tried Vanille Fatale before so I’m not sure. A good rule of thumb I use for heavier frags on warmer days - less is more. Depends on chemistry with the scent of course, but usually a single spritz to the upper chest/lower neck area, under the undershirt, and I’m good for the work day.

I'd might pick something a bit heavier, but shorter lived for the am then go to a more summer style fragrance in the afternoon. Or then a there are some good marine scents that sort of give that foggy day vibe that would be perfect. Heeley Sel Marin is that sort of thing, which is great. So maybe you can find some good alternatives in that genre?

I don't know if it has been mentioned already (I admit I have not scanned the thread) but I think Aqua Di Parma (ADP) is a good place to look. I am thinking of ADP Colonia but they have a few other "flavors" that fit well into the spring, summer and fall categories. The frags are top notch, strong and long lasting. ADP has a soap available but if I recall correctly it is a bit pricy. I know Stirling has a soap/aftershave in a clone-like scent and its possible others do as well.

I don't know if it has been mentioned already (I admit I have not scanned the thread) but I think Aqua Di Parma (ADP) is a good place to look. I am thinking of ADP Colonia but they have a few other "flavors" that fit well into the spring, summer and fall categories. The frags are top notch, strong and long lasting. ADP has a soap available but if I recall correctly it is a bit pricy. I know Stirling has a soap/aftershave in a clone-like scent and its possible others do as well.
ill look into this, i have been eyeing mancera's cedrat boise lately. i like the note make up on it and it seems like good one for summer. still tryin to pin something down to match up with the pinacle shave soap.

Back