The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

A DE Story

August West

TSC Yoda
Veteran
I have two adult sons whom I have patiently attempted to give the traditional wet shaving ‘bug’ for the better part of eight years. No luck. They are adults. I tend to stay out of the way and avoid unsolicited advice.
Along comes the COVID ‘bug’ and both found themselves furloughed with reduced hours. Well, I guess cartridges are now budget busters. So, the old man digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a Feather Popular, Gillette Blue Tip, Wee Scott, Omega Wide Waist Midget, 50 ASCO Orange apiece, two half tubs of AOS cream(peppermint and sandalwood); bottle of Lucky Tiger Aspen and a bottle of AV.
They took to it like a duck to water.
Now, if I can keep them away from the Acquisition Disorders, perhaps we can fend off the evictions. Thanks for listening.

I got my wife hook, line, and sinker a few years ago.... but I have to change her blades, clean her razor, buy her creams, etc.... still a win, right? 🤷‍♂️

Also, good job recruiting the young’uns! Just don’t let them on a forum like this to become enabled...I can only hope my boys will be on board in the future.... I already promised them a razor and brush of their choice...Ming shi and omega boar puh- lease 🤞🤞🤞

My oldest, who’s just got enough peach fuzz to shave once every couple weeks, I’ve only let use traditional gear (under supervision).

The missus I’ve tried to get a couple times starting with her legs but she always ends up going back to her cart. May have to try the Henson for her at some point.

Back