The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2023 Standouts..

Using my backlog/stockpile of stuff has introduced little new to me .... but ....

I did pick up an Eagle G2 which I think is an incredible brush (even if it is in pure).

Yep!

A puck of Williams Mug Soap which has lasted for 311 shaves this year, and still going.
and
A Personna Platinum Chrome blade which has lasted 311 shaves this year, and still going.

That’s Impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what were some items (shave-wise or not) that, as the title suggests, took things to the next level in the year past?

For me, definitely the Martin de Candre soaps, Riva Brushes from Italy & Zenith boar brushes.
Riva is new to me, what sets them apart, to make them a game changer for you?

Nothing really new 2023, more just the realization that I've found some stuff that works great for me, and I don't need to bother with looking for more. Especially with soap, just nothing works for me like Tallow + Steel, and I'm tired of filling up my space with tubs that won't get used in the next 10 years.

The new Blackland adjustable is tempting though, so maybe something more exciting to say in 2024.

Back