The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

2018-2019 NBA Thread

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Well it is upon us the NBA season.

Now I love football as much as the next person. But here basketball is king! We have one professional team in the state and they are always the hot ticket item regardless of the season they are having.

Couple things to live by as a Jazz fan: John Stockton is the BEST PG to ever play the game, Karl Malone is the BEST PF to play the game, Michael Jordan pushed off, Jerry Sloan is and will always be a great, Derron William caused Sloan to retire, Gordon Hayward is a jerk and a joke of a player, Donovan Mitchell owns Utah and should have been the ROY, and this year's team is going to be good!

So who's your team? And other fun questions, will the Warriors lose Thompson and or Durrant? Can Lebron win in LA with that team?, Will Simmons win ROY again and can he finally make a 3pt shot?, Can Boston figure out a solid rotation?, Is the East just destined to lose to the West?

GO JAZZ GO!!!

I don't really follow the NBA anymore but it's nice to see that the Jazz are good again.
Go anyone but Golden State!

Couple things to live by as a Jazz fan: John Stockton is the BEST PG to ever play the game, Karl Malone is the BEST PF to play the game, Michael Jordan pushed off, Jerry Sloan is and will always be a great, Derron William caused Sloan to retire, Gordon Hayward is a jerk and a joke of a player, Donovan Mitchell owns Utah and should have been the ROY, and this year's team is going to be good!

Hmm...The Jazz....Stolen from Louisiana. Karl Malone...from Louisiana. I think Chad is secretly a Louisiana Fan.
1f60b.png

So who's your team? And other fun questions, will the Warriors lose Thompson and or Durrant? Can Lebron win in LA with that team?, Will Simmons win ROY again and can he finally make a 3pt shot?, Can Boston figure out a solid rotation?, Is the East just destined to lose to the West?

Can Lebron win with the Lakers? Not this year. They will be competitive though and will likely make a deep run in the post season. There was a lot of moving of pieces and parts this year which will set up some trades next year. Lakers will go to the NBA Finals in the 2019-2020 season. Might win too. And then Lebron will retire.

I don't pay a lot of attention to the NBA. I'll get the highlights from time to time, just more interested in college. I was a huge Pistons fan through my childhood and High School. Lost interest for a while and then paid attention again from about 1998 to about 2006. Then lost interest again.

I will say that as someone who watched Ben Simmons play while at LSU...he is probably the most talented basketball player I have ever seen with my own eyes...to include Shaq. Ben Simmons is an incredible talent. But he is a horrible person. Came to LSU only because his Godfather was one of the coaches here. He rarely attended any class and hardly ever put any real effort into making LSU a better team. He was only here because he couldn't go directly into the NBA. It really would have been better for LSU if he had just played a year overseas or went somewhere else.

On a different note...a historical observation if you will...Dennis Rodman was the most underrated and the most overrated basketball player ever! Was very underrated when he was with the Pistons. He was incredibly overrated when he was with the Bulls.

Oh...and Chad...if you call that a push...you might need your eyes examined. Plus...how old were you in 1998?
1f60b.png

Oh...and Chad...if you call that a push...you might need your eyes examined. Plus...how old were you in 1998?
1f60b.png

Well I was 9 years old. And let me tell you when Stockton hit THE shot it was AWESOME! We were in the streets with the neighbor kids all of us banking on pots and pans like it was New Years.

GO JAZZ GO!!!

No, No, Dunno, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Well...with the addition of Zion Williamson, who makes his summer league debut with the Pelicans tomorrow, I was mildly interested in the Pels prospects next season. But in the last two weeks...the Pelicans added 10 new players and have completely revamped their roster. In addition to Zion Williamson, the Pelicans added the likes of JJ Redick, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, and Derrick Favors. And oh yeah...they are keeping, Jrue Holliday! So yeah...the Pelicans might actually be kind of good next season!

Well...with the addition of Zion Williamson, who makes his summer league debut with the Pelicans tomorrow, I was mildly interested in the Pels prospects next season. But in the last two weeks...the Pelicans added 10 new players and have completely revamped their roster. In addition to Zion Williamson, the Pelicans added the likes of JJ Redick, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, and Derrick Favors. And oh yeah...they are keeping, Jrue Holliday! So yeah...the Pelicans might actually be kind of good next season!

While the Jazz got significantly better this off-season. I am really going to miss Favors. That guy is all class and a hell of a player

Back