The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 May, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going with a couple featuring the incredible Grace Slick. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "70th Anniversary shave soap & lotion. Wonderful citrus-aquatic scent with incredibly slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" HD ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '58 Gillette Super Speed, and I finished with the matching after shave lotion & Acqua di Parma "Cipresso di Toscana " EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: The National Weather Service is continuing their survey of the storms last Wednesday and we're now up to 16 confirmed tornadoes, with more confirmations possible.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" HD Badger Brush / '58 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" After Shave Gel / AdP "Cipresso di Toscana" EdT

IMG_4772.jpg

16 May, 2024

Going with a couple of classics from Canadian rocker, Bryan Adams for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent 4711 clone, "11235" shave soap. Wonderful 4711 scent with incredibly slick lather built with the Paladin "High-rise Bee Hive" 2-Band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S, and I finished with 4711 after shave splash & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Had my annual "old man" check up today with the doc. A1C was a little high but he said everything with the blood work look great. Now I gotta submit my paperwork to Aflac and get dat money!!!

PAA "11235" Shave Soap / Paladin "High-rise Beehive" 2-Band Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / "4711" After Shave Splash / "4711" EdT

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_3642.gif

Last edited:
16 May, 2024

Going with a couple of classics from Canadian rocker, Bryan Adams for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent 4711 clone, "11235" shave soap. Wonderful 4711 scent with incredibly slick lather built with the Paladin "High-rise Bee Hive" 2-Band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S, and I finished with 4711 after shave splash & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Had my annual "old man" check up today with the doc. A1C was a little high but he said everything with the blood work look great. Now I gotta submit my paperwork to Aflac and get dat money!!!

PAA "11235" Shave Soap / Paladin "High-rise Beehive" 2-Band Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / "4711" After Shave Splash / "4711" EdT

View attachment 131374
Dang, making my anxious to get my beehive that's waiting for me in CA.

Decent checkup with your doc, sounds like. 🙂. Did PAA ever reveal the reason for the number 11235?
Fibonacci sequence I assume. Where as 4 + 7 = 11 (4711) is a Fibonacci-like sequence (the sum is equal to the first two numbers added together), I guess they wanted make a play on that concept.

17 May, 2024

Getting your Friday going with a couple from Boston. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave with which to end the workweek! Returned to Ariana & Evens and their excellent "Limoncello" shave cream from their Pedro Fiasco line. Great boozy, citrus scent scent with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the pre-war Gillette Tech, and I finished with Myrsol "Agua de Limón" after shave splash & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: It's Friday!!

giphy.gif

Pedro Fiasco's "Limoncello" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / Gillette Tech
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Myrsol "Agua de Limón" After Shave Splash / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4788.jpg

Fibonacci sequence I assume. Where as 4 + 7 = 11 (4711) is a Fibonacci-like sequence (the sum is equal to the first two numbers added together), I guess they wanted make a play on that concept.
I recall reading somewhere that “4711” was the street number of the original place of the fragrance’s origin. Of course, it was on a big old site with some posters of dubious credibility. 😉

Back