The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Weck passaround

hmm. this is tempting. i will think on it. i may just end up picking one up myself.

For all you folks out there that need some introduction, The Weck Sextoblade was the first major disposable blade straight razor long before Feather came up with the idea. I am believing Weck did this for folks that liked shaving with a straight but did not like the honing and stropping. It is about the closest you can come to the straight razor experience without getting a straight razor. So for you folks out there thinking of trying a straight razor or currently using a straight razor but not enjoying the stropping and honing or just think that The Monkey is a swell guy and want to support his efforts, I encourage you to join in on this pass around. I would, except I got about five already.

@Spider, think of this one as your Surgical Prep without the handle.

@Spider, think of this one as your Surgical Prep without the handle
Oh, I know! I was one of the first to join the Weck bandwagon many eons ago, and continue to tout its wonderfullness. I have just about every version of Weck that was produced.

I'm down, but I'm not super sure what this ordeal entails.

I'm down, but I'm not super sure what this ordeal entails.
Generally John @The Monkey will send the razor out and we use it for like a week and then clean it up and send it to the next person on the list.
Kyle nailed it. I'll send the Weck to the first person who uses it for a week and then sends it to the next person on the list. I'll incluse the razor and the blades, all you are responsible for is shipping.

So the rules are:
1. Use the Weck for a week.
2. Post your experience here.
3. When done dispose of the blade and clean the Weck before shipping it out.
4. Pm the next person on the list to get their address. Send me the tracking number.
That is it. All I ask is that please make sure not to lose the guard.

Back