The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

SOTD September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkur HD 34G
Voskhod Teflon Blade (4)
Stirling Boar, 24/57

Proraso Green Shaving Cream

Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Have a great shave
5f2a8c848c0c9d33e0382be47772e50c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

25 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

Pinnacle Grooming "Barbershop" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" Synth / Blackland Razors "Era" / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Pinnacle Grooming "Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau De Jour" EdT

IMG-0234.jpg

My wife and I were on a short vacation trip to southern Oregon the last few days, staying in the historic gold-rush town of Jacksonville, a beautiful place and one of our favorites.
m2eyxit.jpg

While on drives around the countryside, we saw not only cats, dogs, horses, cows, llamas, pigs, and chickens, but also deer, a cow elk, a fox, ground squirrels, Canada geese, vultures, flocks of wild turkeys, and a hawk flying up with a squirming rabbit clutched in its claws. While on the trip, I used a travel shaving setup of a Rooney Beehive Finest brush, Coate's Lavender shaving cream, and a Wilkinson Bonded System razor. The gear worked well, but I'm glad to be back to my regular rotation.
L4aPYqg.jpg

churchilllafemme" pid="469230" dateline="1664130187 said:
My wife and I were on a short vacation trip to southern Oregon the last few days, staying in the historic gold-rush town of Jacksonville, a beautiful place and one of our favorites.

While on drives around the countryside, we saw not only cats, dogs, horses, cows, llamas, pigs, and chickens, but also deer, a cow elk, a fox, ground squirrels, Canada geese, vultures, flocks of wild turkeys, and a hawk flying up with a squirming rabbit clutched in its claws. While on the trip, I used a travel shaving setup of a Rooney Beehive Finest brush, Coate's Lavender shaving cream, and a Wilkinson Bonded System razor. The gear worked well, but I'm glad to be back to my regular rotation.

A few of the animals, and a view of nearby Table Rock and the Rogue River.
OLFYHVg.png
6t0LeqS.png
GXJ06yd.png

Mon 26
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 4th
Aftershave TGS Orange Empire
A great lather from the soap but unfortunately the scent is long gone from the tub.
Good shave with the razor and blade combination. Managed a quick 3passes for a dfs finish...
20220926_113516.jpg

26 September 2022
C1914050-179D-442B-BF91-86EA34CFC0CE.jpeg

Razor: Rex Supply Co. Konsul
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 7th use
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Witch Hazel

Nice way to start a Monday. Hope everyone has a great day.

26 September, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Great shave this morning! New soap and splash in from Stirling. Love the scent of "Oro Valley". Great lather for three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Creed "Royal Oud" EdP. Excellent!

Stirling Soap Co. "Oro Valley" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Buckeye Burl" Synth / Blackland "Era" Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Oro Valley" After Shave Splash / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-0242.jpg

Oneblade Core SE
Feather FHS SE Blade (1) This is a proprietary blade especially for Oneblade razors.

Vie-Long White Horse, 21/50

Triple Milled I Forgot the Name Soap

Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
P&G Old Spice Aftershave

A mild three passes. I picked this razor because I wanted a mild shave for a few days. Have a great shave.

49ddf035e2fdf29ddb7ec6feb4901200.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back