The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Memorial Day

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Bingo Wizard
A bit pre-mature, however my normal yearly reminder for this special day

Remember this is a day to honor those service members we have lost both during combat and outside the combat arena. This is for their memory

Although much appreciated, it is NOT a day to thank those of us veterans for our service. It is bad form, as we hold some guilt that we made it home and our brothers did not.

We have our own day for that. Veterans Day.

Also NOT a day to say “Happy Memorial Day”. As it is not a happy day

That being said, there are ways you can honor those we have lost and current veterans with a simple statement or action like:

“Thank you for Making this day Possible”
“Thank you for placing your life on hold for our Freedoms, and sorry for your brethren who did not make it home”

Or you can

Volunteer at a Memorial Day event, or something as simple as going to you local Veteran Cemetery and placing a flag or single poppy on a veteran’s headstone

Thank you
D.Eisenhuth MSGT
USAF Special Tactics ParaRescueman- Retired
1T2X1 “These Things We Do, So that Others May Live”

I'm raising the flag at the catholic cemetery in town for the mass celebrated outside by our bishop, also providing the honor guard. Odds I won't cry during the playing of taps?

I'm raising the flag at the catholic cemetery in town for the mass celebrated outside by our bishop, also providing the honor guard. Odds I won't cry during the playing of taps?
Zero tears will flow

I think I post this every year, but if you haven't read it...give it a go. I served with Travis Twiggs in the Marine Corps and when I learned of his death I was shocked. Twiggs was a Marine's Marine. LOVED his Country and LOVED his Corp. But war takes it's toll on all of us. Some pay a greater cost than others.

I think I post this every year, but if you haven't read it...give it a go. I served with Travis Twiggs in the Marine Corps and when I learned of his death I was shocked. Twiggs was a Marine's Marine. LOVED his Country and LOVED his Corp. But war takes it's toll on all of us. Some pay a greater cost than others.

That story gets me every year. Glad to see you Don.

Back